CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
About Civil and Environmental Engineering
Civil and environmental engineers oversee the design and construction of facilities for society's use. Working with problems that directly affect the health and economic vitality of people and communities, civil and environmental engineers contribute their expertise to such problems as waste disposal; environmental pollution; transportation systems design; water resource development; and the design, construction and rehabilitation of constructed facilities.
The Department provides educational programs at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels. Faculty conduct novel and high-impact research in a number of areas, with several taking the discipline to new levels by incorporating biology and microbiology into their research. Students are incorporating up-and-coming sciences as well as other types of engineering courses into their plans of study.
A civil and environmental engineering degree provides graduates with a wide variety of career options in industry, government, consulting, management, teaching, research, marketing and sales.
The mission of the WVU BSCE program is to prepare our students for successful professional careers by providing high-quality education through the scholarship of teaching, research and service.
- Dec14 All Day 2019 NIST SURF Internal Interest Form Due!
- Dec219:00 AM - 11:00 AMPhD Final Defense: Naman Kohli
- Dec2111:00 AM - 1:00 PMPhD Final Defense: Daksha Yadav
- Dec211:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Daksha Yadav
- Dec212:00 PM - 3:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Naman Kohli
- Jan1011:00 AM - 1:00 PMHarm Reduction and Syringe Services Programs: Public Health, Law Enforcement and Local Perspectives